February 23, 2017

"Sailboats"

"Sailboats"
Acrylic on Canvas
12 X 24

It's rare for me to work without a reference photo, but since it is a goal to eventually be able to paint without one, I occasionally retest my skills. I have been working with alot of Monets and water and sailboats, so it seemed plausible to be able to put together my own piece now that I have had alot of practice! I am still in need of many hours (probably years) of practice before I will be satisfied with my own original pieces, but I see marked improvement and that is always a good step forward.

I will have to put together an album with just original work so you can see the progression. (Check it out on Facebook!) I usually end up painting over them, though there are a couple that are up on the walls. Still, they are the first ones on the list to scrap if I run out of canvas!

Hope you enjoy this most recent original!

No comments:

Post a Comment