February 14, 2017

"Harvey's Lake in Summer"

"Harvey's Lake in Summer"
Acrylic on Canvas
12 X 24



I grew up by this lake. I have painted a picture of it before which my sister now has on her walls. It was one of my favorite places while growing up! I learned to swim here, drive a boat, kayak, canoe, cook hot-dogs on an open fire. I learned to love the sound of water and even of boat engines. I learned to skate on this lake.. I skied across it, fished from it, swam across it, galloped my horses through it. It was a witness to my childhood.

Now my own children have splashed in it, my husband and I have walked by it, my grandparents were baptized in it. So many memories! 



Cedarbrook Studio on Facebook

I was delighted to discover a Vermont photographer who has taken many pictures of places I knew as a child. She has graciously given me permission to use them in my paintings. Please check out Cedarbrook Studio with photography by Sarah and enjoy the beautiful photograph I used for this painting.




Here is my older painting of the same location.


No comments:

Post a Comment