February 10, 2017

"Jessica's S. L. Booth"

"Jessica's S. L. Booth"
Acrylic on Canvas
16 X 20

Family put out an unintentional, friendly challenge to try something a little different. There is a piece of art by Samuel L. Booth called "Near Dean Wood, Rivington" that was shared on facebook. A lot of friends and family loved it, so I rolled up my sleeves and recreated it. Since it is a piece that is older, I am able to copy the work without breaking copyright laws. I would not be able to print the photo of the real painting, but I am able to paint my own copy and to even sell it so long as it is not produced as though it were my own idea (Forgery anyone??) (and is of a painting from someone who died 70 + years ago). I also sign my copied pieces with credit to the original artist and share a link to the photo of the original piece whenever I post about it to my blog (or at least the title so you can find it!). Click on the original's title and it will take you to a website with a picture and info on the original!

In any case, I hope you like this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment