April 1, 2017

"Jessica's Monet #7 (Remix)"

"Jessica's Monet #7 (Remix)"
Acrylic on Canvas
30 X 40

So while I love that my son enjoys my paintings and gives me lots of compliments on them (especially if there is water and boats); knowing he viewed my piece intended for above the fireplace as though there were meteors falling from the sky and the boat was about to blow up and sink kind of unsettled me!

"Jessica's Monet #7"

I finally had a chance to pull it down off the wall and take another stab at it. (There might be something about the orange sky that really didn't go in my living room that helped with the decision for a redo). All in all, I saved a copy of the old version for his sake, but I am happy that my clouds now look like clouds rather than rocks in the sky. I think he will approve as well since his favorite color is blue!

My version of Monet's  "Sailboat At Le Petit Gennevilliers" is less of a recreation and more an 'inspired by' derivative. It looks very little like his piece, but the bones are there! Click on the link for a look at my inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment