January 6, 2017

"Red" Rocky Mountain Colt

I am so excited to have finished this and be able to share it with you!

As an exercise in improving my details, I chose a gorgeous photo from some of my favorite people Mike and Kathy Hartong. I feel myself improving! Horses are definitely going to become a trend in my painting! Nothing more beautiful than a horse (especially a Rocky Mountain horse!)

When I look at this all I can think is long, summer days brushing and riding horses and enjoying every second of it! How I miss it!

"Red"
16 X 20
Acrylic on Canvas
 As a reference, I used this photo from Cedar Grove Farm. Check them out on Facebook (Cedar Grove Farm) and under the picture there is a link to their website.

Photo by Cedar Grove Farm


1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure comments are active. I have had trouble in the past.. let's see if this works!

    ReplyDelete