January 1, 2017

Let's try a Renoir!

"Jessica's Renoir I"
16 X 20


It's New Year's Day! Here I am ushering in the new year with my last painting of 2016 and my first of 2017 since I finished today!

Pierre-Auguste Renoir - La Danse a la ville (1883) is the picture I worked from. Here is a copy of his work. I believe the original is nearly life sized, so mine at 16 X 20 is so small! But it will look beautiful on the wall!
Pierre-Auguste Renoir - La Danse a la ville (1883). Impresionismo. Óleo sobre lienzo de 180 × 90 cm. Musée d'Orsay (París), Francia.:

As I work from famous artists pieces, I have learned alot. The time they must've spent on them! I can't imagine being so creative and capable that that is what ends up on canvas from their heads or a depiction of what they see.

I still need to work with a  reference photo most of the time, though I hope to work up to not needing one at some point! For now, I'm practicing.. and practicing..... and practicing some more. I know that the only way to improve is to put in as many hours into it as I can.

In the meantime, I offer my work for sale to those who would like a real painting but need a reasonable price!

Creations By Jess on Facebook





No comments:

Post a Comment