November 1, 2017

"Joy of Horses"

"Joy of Horses"
20 X 20

 Sometimes we need to let out work be play! Lately I have been experimenting more and more with finger paintings. These are paintings done entirely with my hands. No brushes.

I think I enjoy this method the most! It isn't as exact an art, but I think that is where my appreciation for it lies. I don't want to copy a photograph to the letter. I want to breathe myself into my works. I want to look at what I have done and be able to remember the joy I felt as it was created. I want to see my impact on each canvas especially when compared to its reference.

I know that this style will not be met with great praise from some, but I don't paint for others' joy; I paint for my own with the hope that others will see my joy and gain something from it.


Thank you to Karen Broemmelsick for the use of her gorgeous photo as a reference!

Photo by Karen Broemmelsick

No comments:

Post a Comment