March 6, 2017

"Flower"

"Flower"
Acrylic on Canvas
16 X 20
Photo by Cedar Grove Farm

Trying new things is always fun. I love bright colors, so this was easy to enjoy. My sister asked me if I was ever going to try painting flowers; and since I knew of some wonderful pictures my friends from Cedar Grove Farm would happily let me use for my work, I decided it would be fun to try! This looks so happy on the wall!! And I think we are all ready for some spring! So to my friends up in New England and other snowy places, here is some spring for you.

One of the things I find interesting about this is the complete difference between the painting and the photo. Often I am timid when it comes to color!! and you can see my timidity here. Though I love what came of it, it is not how I intended it to be! I do not like my paintings to be exact replicas of the photos I reference, but this one was more different than usual!


No comments:

Post a Comment