July 25, 2016

Bucket List: Paint a portait



So even when I know I want to try something knew, it often takes a kick in the pants for me to actually try it out.

My brother recently e-mailed and asked me if I was up for a portrait of him and his girlfriend on their motorcycles. As a totally knew area of painting for me, I jumped on the chance to try it (and get paid for it too!! =D) and even if I messed it up, I knew my brother would understand!! lol

I'm not sure when I would've tried a portrait if he hadn't gotten the ball rolling.

There were some completely different techniques to put into practice and some challenges I hadn't run across yet.... Faces actually can't be tweaked the same way a mountain or tree can be.. and it needed to look like them!

After I completed their painting and sent to them (they loved it, BTW) I wanted to try another face. It was easier when I had someone give me what they wanted rather than having to figure out a subject myself. Luckily my dad sent me some pictures from when he and my mom went out on their pond.. One jumped out at me as a perfect next attempt.

I am surprised by how satisfying doing a portrait is!! Probably my most satisfying work.. maybe because of the added challenge.

I hope you like!





For more, check me out on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment