April 25, 2016

Do Pianos Count as Art?




I have been a fan of re-purposing old pieces of furniture for some time, yet haven't had the opportunity to try it myself until recently.
I have been dying to get my hands on an old piano.. (with limited funds to use towards that goal) We finally found a free one on Craigslist (use site with caution!) that was a very reasonable distance from us.

The goal is to gut, clean, build shelves into it; with as much original pieces showing as possible. Then to paint the exterior to update for a brand-new piece of furniture that will hold my electric keyboard and serve as a bookshelf.

I'm thinking blue... Are you as excited as I am for the After photos??  Here are the before.








For more, follow us on Facebook! Creations By Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment