February 8, 2016

The joy of painting



To my surprise, a childhood hobby has turned into a passion I didn't know existed! I am the girl all my friends and family knows as the one who breathes horses, or will again once my family has grown beyond diapers and sippies and home-school material! However, this lull in my first love has allowed me to discover one hiding in my past!

My husband and I move often due to his career in the military, so our recent purchase of a house is no big surprise, however the extra little room that will provide the possibility of a studio gave me the beginnings of this new interest.


A few weeks later, I got a surprise from my hubby to go to a Paint Nite in South Carolina just for fun! And is was so much fun that I couldn't stop talking about it or painting since! Now I have completed six other pieces since I did Paint Nite and have sold two of them. One of which was a commissioned piece my husband's coworker requested.


 I have no idea where this will all lead, but I am excited to see what happens! I'm already getting the itch to paint again, I have no idea what I will paint, but I will share when it's done!





No comments:

Post a Comment